Ancel Glink has the background, experience and expertise to help you manage all of the risks inherent in your construction project and pave the way to final completion.
Our vast experience in the public sector means that we have negotiated hundreds of contracts with design professionals, contributed to the conditions set forth in countless bid packages, and helped to resolve a substantial number of disputes through litigation, arbitration, mediation and negotiation. We have lawyers that have worked in construction, know how to read construction drawings, are familiar with how the job site functions, and know how to steer contract negotiations and litigation in your favor. We have represented owners, architects, engineers, contractors and subcontractors in all of the delivery methods, including design/build, and we have substantial experience in handling mechanics’ lien issues and dealing with sureties.
We are familiar with the most popular families of documents (e.g., AIA, EJCDC) and the case law interpreting them. We have also written our own contracts in such a way that you can easily modify them to help you manage smaller projects at minimal expense and delay.
Ancel Glink attorneys have authored chapters on Construction Law in the Municipal Law treatise and School Law treatise published by the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education.
We can help you from concept to final completion, including providing the following services:
- Assisting clients in the Qualifications Based Selection process for design professionals.
- Advising clients on contract terms that save you money now and down the road.
- Drafting and editing general and supplementary conditions that are in (or should be in) the bid packages.
- Advising clients on the public bid process and compliance with the Prevailing Wage Act.
- Representing clients in pursuing or defending any claims that may arise in the construction process.