Land Use Litigation
From procedural challenges to constitutional claims to demolition and foreclosure actions involving blighted commercial and residential properties, Ancel Glink attorneys have decades of experience with zoning and land use litigation.
As counsel to numerous local governments and zoning boards, our attorneys have developed a unique and valuable perspective on the zoning process which guides our legal strategy. For both public bodies and private companies, Ancel Glink provides a distinct advantage in any land use dispute. Ancel Glink attorneys also have extensive experience in sometimes difficult eminent domain litigation for municipalities, counties, park districts and other governmental entities, including service as Special Assistant States Attorneys for counties negotiating road project condemnations.
The following are just a few examples of our litigation experience:
- Eminent domain litigation for major downtown redevelopment project.
- Successful defense against a takings claim challenging a municipal zoning decision.
- Successful prosecution and defense of municipal and private foreclosure actions.
- Prosecute demolition cases involving blighted commercial and residential properties.
- Successful defense of municipality in an action by developer seeking to overturn denial of special use permit application.
- Successful defense of impact fee agreements for park districts.
- Represent a school district in complex litigation arising from a TIF redevelopment agreement, resulting in a $20 million settlement for the school district.
- Negotiate economic development agreements for TIF projects throughout the state.
- Represent industrial land owner in multi-million dollar eminent domain action by IDOT for expansion of interstate highway.
For more information about our land use practice, visit our land use practice page.