Ancel Glink provides creative and cost-effective solutions to your local government problems.
With our extraordinary experience and resources, Ancel Glink is well-qualified to advise and provide counsel to local government officials and employees. We are experienced in representing a variety of units of local government, including municipalities, counties, park districts, townships, libraries, school districts, and various special districts. Our attorneys work consistently with the laws governing the crucial day-to-day matters encountered by local governments, including legislative and procedural matters, federal and state compliance issues, ethics and conflicts of interest, public bidding, purchasing, and contracting, open meetings and open records, labor and personnel for public employees, the acquisition and disposition of real estate, and land use and development, among many other matters.
The following are a few examples of the work we do for our local government clients:
- Regularly attend board, commission, and committee meetings on behalf of our local government clients.
- Routinely advise elected and appointed officials and employees on all types of legal issues that affect governmental bodies.
- Review and draft agreements, ordinances, resolutions, and other legal documents on a wide-range of issues.
- Draft, negotiate, and review intergovernmental agreements, construction contracts, development agreements, and other government contracts.
- Prepare policies to comply with and implement federal and state laws.
- Advise our clients on personnel matters, as well as participate in collective bargaining negotiations and handle grievances and arbitrations for our governmental clients.
- Provide formal written legal opinions on matters impacting our clients.