Environmental & Alternative Energy
Ancel Glink provides legal expertise to guide clients through the complex environmental laws and regulations that a project may encounter.
Our environmental attorneys focus on all areas of environmental law, from due diligence to large-scale Superfund remediation. We also routinely partner with engineering consultants to provide streamlined, multidisciplinary legal advice. Ancel Glink's tailored environmental practice offers an efficient and cost effective alternative to the high-cost, and often outdated, approach offered by some firms. The environmental practice also provides support to our real estate practice to assist our clients in protecting their investments.
In addition, our attorneys have participated in Section 39.2 landfill siting hearings in a variety of roles, including as the hearing officer and staff attorney advising the corporate authorities. We are familiar with both the political, legal and scientific hurdles that must be navigated to reach a sound local siting decision. Recently, we have been involved in the following projects:
- Local siting review for new and expanded regional landfills.
- Serve as lead environmental counsel on large-scale federal Superfund remediation cases, including a 60-acre municipal landfill site.
- Successful management of IEPA brownfield remediation projects and leaking underground storage tank projects, including 17 acre remediation of a former landfill and asphalt plant into a new recreation and municipal center.
- Develop innovative strategies to reduce costs of environmental remediation and compliance.
- Ensuring CERCLA due diligence compliance, including brownfield properties.
- Devise RCRA strategies for compelling private properties to voluntarily clean up past contamination
Ancel Glink also advises municipalities and Enterprise Zones in all aspects of establishing wind energy and solar energy projects.
- Amending boundaries of Enterprise Zones for energy project equipment and access
- Negotiating with developers regarding terms, conditions, tax incentives, and fees for both EZ and non-EZ energy projects
- Preparing ordinances and development agreements for alternative energy projects