Zoning & Land Use
Ancel Glink’s representation in land use matters spans the state and involves the full range of residential, commercial, and industrial development and redevelopment.
In addition to the daily zoning and land use services we provide to our local government clients, the firm serves as special counsel for communities in complex annexation and development negotiations, updating or rewriting zoning, subdivision and other land use regulations, and establishing procedures for zoning petitions and hearings. Ancel Glink also conducts workshops and training sessions for planning and zoning staff and advisory boards.
The following are a few examples of our zoning and land use practice:
- Comprehensive rewrite of numerous zoning, subdivision, UDO, and form-based codes.
- Assisted with drafting of new zoning regulations to classify a large scale PUD with appropriate regulations and negotiated planned unit development agreement.
- Negotiate and draft annexation, development agreements, and boundary agreements.
- Represent a community in annexing and zoning property for agritourism, including negotiating future uses for the property.
- Negotiated an annexation agreement with property owners for gravel mining and subsequent redevelopment of the property for residential and commercial uses.
- Draft rules of procedure for zoning hearings.
- Attend Plan Commission and ZBA hearings on behalf of municipal and developer clients.
- Counsel a city in multi-phase disconnection and annexation process to bring large residential and commercial area within city’s jurisdiction.
- Successful application on behalf of a private client for the rezoning of 230 acres of property to an industrial use with 60 year land use plan.
- Review development applications and analyze compliance with development codes.