Derke represents municipalities, park districts, school districts, townships, libraries & special agencies. His practice includes appeals and trial work in both federal and state courts and concentrates in construction, land use and development, and environmental matters.
Derke serves as corporate counsel for the
- Created a public-private partnership to reclaim and plan uses of 100 year old quarry, including pioneering land-use regulations on reclamation, master plan for properties, and coordination of property transfers and use
- Successful application on behalf of private client for rezoning of 230 acres of property to an industrial use with 60 year land use plan
- Negotiate and draft energy savings contracts for multi-million dollar overhaul of park district facilities
- "An Outline Visionary Coverage for Pools - Where Others Fear to Tread," presented to the Public Risk Management Association
- Lorman Education Seminars
- Law of Easements: Legal Issues and Practical Considerations, 2004, 2005, and 2007
- Eminent Domain in Illinois, 2006 and 2007
- Real Estate Development From Beginning to End In Illinois, 2007 and 2008
- Plat and Subdivision Law in Illinois, 2007, 2008, and 2009
Derke has contributed materials to numerous publications for municipal officials, planning and zoning authorities, counties, park district officials, townships and s
Honors & Awards
- Designated, by his peers, as a Leading Lawyer in the areas of Governmental, Municipal, Lobbying & Administrative Law, Land Use, Zoning & Condemnation Law.