Theodore J. Powers
For the past 25 years, Ted developed expertise in the defense and litigation of workers’ compensation matters, including extensive experience in Appellate law, insurance coverage law, subrogation and indemnification litigation and Medicare issues.
Ted currently resides in Chicago, Illinois. He grew up in Quincy, Illinois, where he was a championship swimmer and competed in marathon swims down the Mississippi River. Ted graduated from the University of Illinois – Chicago with a degree in Political Science and achieved his Juris Doctorate at IIT – Kent College of Law.
- Venture-Newberg Perini Stone and Webster v. Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, 2012 Ill.App. (4th) 110847 WC; 981 N.E.2nd 1091; cert. granted; rev’d, 2013 Il 115728, unofficial cite not available, (2014) (Traveling Employee - Appellate and Supreme Court)
- Durand v. Industrial Commission, 234 Ill.2d 53, 862 N.E.2nd 918 (2006) (Repetitive Trauma/Manifestation Date - Supreme Court)
- Employers Mutual Companies v. Skilling, 163 Ill.2d 284, 644 N.E.2d 1163 (1994) (Insurance Coverage/Jurisdiction - Supreme Court)
- Hastings Mutual Insurance Company v. Ultimate Backyard, LLC, et al., 2012 IL App (1st) 10151, 965 N.E.2d 656 (2012) (Insurance Coverage/Jurisdiction - Appellate Court)
- Village of Villa Park v. Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, 2013 IL App (2d) 130038 WC, unofficial cite not available, (2014); reh’g & cert. denied. (Idiopathic Fall - Appellate Court)
- Siddens v. Industrial Commission, 304 Ill. App. 3d 506, 711 N.E.2d 18 (1999) Jurisdiction – Appellate Court)
- Limanowski v. Ashland Oil Company, 275 Ill.App.3d 115, 655 N.E.2d 1049 (1995) (Intentional Tort Work Injury - Appellate Court)
- Absolute Cleaning/SYMBL v. Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, 409 Ill.App.3d 463, 949 N.E.2d 1158 (2011) (Exceeding Physician Choice - Appellate Court)
- Funes v. B&B Equipment, Inc., 282 Ill.App.3d 272, 668 N.E.2d 54 (1996) (Third Party Liability and Contribution Issues – Appellate Court)
Honors & Awards
- AV Distinguished Attorney Rating, Martindale – Hubbell