Thorough preparation. Relentless dedication to success. Pedro represents individuals and local governments in litigation, trial and appeals.
Pedro Fregoso, Jr. concentrates his practice on the defense of municipalities, police agencies, school districts and private clients in general tort litigation and civil rights claims. Pedro also defends and prosecutes complex litigation matters, including wrongful death, transportation accidents, personal injury and medical malpractice matters. Pedro has obtained numerous summary judgments and secured many dismissals on behalf of his clients prior to trial.
Pedro has successfully tried numerous cases to verdict. He has also achieved favorable results representing clients at arbitration and mediation. Pedro approaches each case with an aggressive, yet professional disposition to create a tailored litigation strategy that leads to favorable results. He leaves no stone unturned when it comes to battling on behalf of his client.
Pedro has been named to the Super Lawyers Rising Stars list as one of the top attorneys in Illinois for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017. No more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected to the list. Super Lawyers, a Thompson Reuters business is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Pedro was also recognized as an “Emerging Lawyer” in 2016 by Leading Lawyers Magazine. The honor of “Emerging Lawyer” is presented to only the top 2% of Illinois Attorneys.
Pedro is a regular contributor to the firm’s litigation newsletter, Ancel Glink Defense E-News, which provides critical updates and analyses on recent developments in municipal and civil rights law.
Pedro earned his Juris Doctorate degree from DePaul College of Law, where he was selected to participate in the HNBA National Moot Court, and was awarded 2003 “Best Oralist.” He earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Perez v. City of Zion, et al. – Obtained defense verdict on behalf of the City of Zion, in a week-long trial, in which Plaintiff sought $5.5 million dollars in damages as a result of a traumatic brain injury he suffered following a catastrophic vehicle accident involving a City of Zion ambulance and the Plaintiff pedestrian.
- Flynn v. Town of Normal, et al. – Obtained summary judgment on behalf of the Town of Normal, with the Court finding no proximate cause and tort immunity in a catastrophic motor vehicle accident involving a pedestrian who suffered a double amputation of both legs as a result of the accident (appeal pending).
- Zepeda v. Calumet Public School District – Obtained dismissal, with prejudice, on behalf of a School District, with the Court finding tort immunity in a tragic accident involving a METRA train and minor student who suffered an amputation of a leg as a result of the accident.
- Kaczor v. City of Des Plaines, et al. – Obtained dismissal, on behalf of City of Des Plaines in a wrongful death and civil rights case involving several Police Officers who fatally shot the Plaintiff after responding to a domestic call.
- Simms v. Pan-Oceanic Engineering, Inc., et al. - Successfully defended a general contractor during a two week-long trial in the Circuit Court of Cook County, where plaintiff sought substantial personal injury damages in excess of $1,400,000 dollars, arising out of a construction negligence lawsuit.
- Beirne v. City of Des Plaines, et al. – Obtained dismissal, with prejudice, on behalf of City of Des Plaines and Chief of Police, with the Court finding Plaintiff’s claims were barred by affirmative defenses, in a civil rights Monell case against the City and Chief of Police Chief.
- Gil v. Corna Construction, Inc. - Obtained defense verdict on breach of contract and fraud counterclaims in excess of $100,000 brought by disgruntled homeowners against general contractor alleging poor workmanship and other work defects.
- Chicago Bar Association, Municipal Liability: Avoiding, Mitigating, Preparing and Litigating Panel, (Panelist) Chicago, IL, October 25, 2018
- The New Reality – Litigants’ Use of Google Street View Photographs to Prove and Defend Liability in Premises Liability Cases. (Ancel Glink, 2018)
- Indemnification Under the Illinois Municipal Code and Local Governmental and Governmental Employees Tort Immunity Act (White Paper)
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” by Illinois Super Lawyers magazine (2013-2017)
- Recognized as an "Emerging Lawyer" by Leading Lawyers Magazine (2016)