Megan represents a variety of governmental bodies in the areas of worker’s compensation, prosecution and land use.
Megan concentrates her practice in worker’s compensation, municipal prosecutions and general civil litigation matters for municipal clients.
Megan is a part of the firm’s worker’s compensation practice group where she focuses on the defense of worker’s compensation claims.
Megan also serves as a Village Prosecutor for municipalities in Lake, Mc Henry, and Cook Counties, where she handles the prosecution of Driving under the Influence, misdemeanor traffic violations, branch court, as well as, administrative adjudications. Megan joined the firm after serving for ten years as an Assistant State’s Attorney.
Megan practices civil litigation and has successfully litigated demolition, abandonment and foreclosure cases and is active in the firm’s Zoning and Land Use practice area. Megan also works with municipal, park district and township officials and staff in drafting ordinances and resolutions, reviewing contracts and policies, drafting intergovernmental agreements, and attending board meetings as needed.
Megan is a graduate of De Paul University College of Law where she concentrated in public interest law. Prior to law school, Megan served as the Planning Liaison Manager for the Illinois Department of Transportation’s Chicago Area Transportation Study. Megan also worked as Transportation and Environmental Policy Analyst for Northwest Municipal Conference, as well as, Transportation Coordinator for West Central Municipal Conference.
- Obtained judicial deeds for over twenty abandoned properties in the Village of Round Lake Beach as part of the IHDA’s Blight Reduction Program.
- Prosecuted hundreds of criminal cases to verdict.
- Represented the Village in Youngberg v. Village of Round Lake Beach, 2017 IL App (2d) 160539, in an opinion by the Second District Appellate Court upholding the constitutionality of the Village’s ordinance related to unregistered motor vehicles on private property.
- Quorum Forum, Land Use and Zoning Episode, February 2019
- Bar Exam; American Planning Association-Chicagoland Metro Section, February 2019
- Use of Video Surveillance in Parks and Facilities, Property Siblings: The A to Z’s in Acquiring, Disposing, and Leasing Real Property for Park Districts; IAPD Soaring to New Heights Conference, January 2019
- Code Enforcement; Prosecuting Park District Ordinance Violations; IAPD Soaring to New Heights Conference, January 2018
- Use of Video Surveillance in Parks and Facilities; IAPD Soaring to New Heights Conference, January 2018
- Lesser Known Funding for Park Districts; IAPD Soaring to New Heights Conference, January 2018
- Youngberg v Village of Round Lake Beach; Lake County Bar Association October 2017
- Speed Planning; Economic Development Tools IL APA, Naperville September 2017
- Video Surveillance; How it Impacts Parks; IAPD Soaring to New Heights Conference, January 2017
- “Court Interprets 4th Amendment Protection to Extend to Vehicles Parked in Driveways & Apartment Doorways,” The Docket (February 2019)
- FOIA and OMA Handbook, Township Officials of Illinois, 2018
- Criminal Identification Act,” The Docket (January 2017)
- “Navigating the Abuse and Neglect System”, The Docket (February 2016)