Doug represents clients involved in work place injury litigation, family law litigation and clients involved in labor and collective bargaining.
Doug has more than two decades of litigation experience in multiple areas of law. He has represented both Petitioners and Respondents litigating on-the-job injuries before the Illinois Workers Compensation Commission, the Illinois Circuit Courts and the Illinois Appellate Court.
Doug’s unique and broad experience enables him to provide accurate and reliable analysis, helping his client’s understand at the outset and throughout each case what to expect and how best to proceed in order to achieve the best possible results with efficiency and reliability. He prides himself on honest, frank assessment and sincere concern for his client’s best interests.
Doug believes that the best recipe for success is prompt and consistent communication and collaboration with his clients.
Doug also represents individuals undergoing changes in their family. Whether divorce, child support modification, custody disputes or adoptions. Doug’s empathy, patience and attention to detail throughout difficult times set him apart in this area.
Doug has also represented clients in police union negotiation and before police and fire and commission boards throughout Chicagoland.
- Doug has litigated, negotiated, and tried hundreds of workers’ compensation and personal injury cases since he began his practice.
- He has arbitrated, negotiated and participated in mediations resulting in six and seven figure settlements in personal injury cases in Illinois and Iowa and argued before the Appellate Court of Illinois.
- He has also represented or advised employees and employers in harassment, wrongful termination, and unemployment cases.
- He has represented a police union in labor and collective bargaining and officers before the police and fire commissions.
- Doug also represents families in adoption, divorce, custody and paternity matters. He prides himself on personal, attentive, empathetic advocacy.
Honors & Awards
- Doug has been very active in the community. He has been coaching and working with young people in and around Chicagoland for 20 years.
- He has participated in numerous philanthropic events including The Hussle up the Hancock and the Annual Walk to End Alzheimer’s and Porchlight Theater Gala.
- He is or has been a member of the American Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association, DuPage County Bar Association and the American Inns of Court, DuPage County Chapter.