Doug has represented clients involved in work place injury litigation for over 25 years.
He has represented both Petitioners and Respondents litigating on-the-job injuries before the Illinois Worker's Compensation Commission, the Illinois Circuit Court and the Illinois Appellate Court.
Doug has also represented clients in police union negotiations and before Police and Fire Commission Boards throughout Chicagoland.
Doug’s unique and broad experience enables him to provide accurate and reliable analysis, helping his client’s understand throughout each case what to expect and strategies on how to proceed in order to achieve the best possible results with efficiency and reliability.
He prides himself on honest, frank assessment and sincere concern for his client’s best interests.
Doug believes that the best recipe for success is prompt and consistent communication and collaboration with his clients.
Doug also serves as Corporate Counsel for multiple insurance pools in Illinois, which has given him the unique experience of being both defense counsel and also involved in the decision making process of successful insurance pools and knowing firsthand the impact of claim’s outcomes on insurers at the corporate level.
Born and raised in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Doug graduated from St. John’s University in Collegeville, Minnesota before attending Drake University Law School where he earned his J. D. in 1991.
Doug has called Chicagoland home for almost 30 years. He has been very active in the community. He has been coaching and working with young people for 20 years.
Doug has traveled extensively, enjoys good conversation and good food.
He has been married to a wonderful woman for more than 25 years, and has three children; and one short, fat, inactive English bulldog.
- Doug has litigated, negotiated, and tried hundreds of workers’ compensation and personal injury cases since he began his practice. He has appeared in every venue in the State on behalf of his clients from Herrin to Waukegan, Peoria to Chicago.
- He has arbitrated, negotiated and participated in mediations resulting in six and seven figure settlements in personal injury cases in Illinois and Iowa and argued before the Appellate Court of Illinois.
- He has also represented or advised employees and employers in harassment, wrongful termination, and unemployment cases.
- He has represented a police union in labor and collective bargaining and officers before the police and fire commissions.
Honors & Awards
- He has participated in numerous philanthropic events including The Hussle up the Hancock and the Annual Walk to End Alzheimer’s and Porchlight Theater Gala.
- He is or has been a member of the American Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association, DuPage County Bar Association and the American Inns of Court, DuPage County Chapter.